Saturday, January 31, 2009

Holy Cow

So, it's 2:55 AM and I am just winding down... crazy week it has been, and amid a hectic life with work, school, choir performances, (yeah, already!) sleeping basically none, and eating, I decided to throw one more little thing in there for this week:
the USU Ambassador Scholarship.
Okay, so I didn't think it would be very time consuming, and hey, if I win, it's a full ride to USU. Little did I know it would keep me up until 1, 2, 3 AM consecutive nights in a row, however, writing resumes and scrapbooking visual descriptions of my life! But good news...
I FINISHED IT.

Well, almost.
I still have to go track down one of my teachers tomorrow to pick up a teacher recommendation that wasn't done, but then, oh once it is in the mail, I will be sitting pretty. Why? There is nothing more I can do! I have applied to every scholarship USU and BYU have to offer! Woooooh! Now all I have to do is wait.... and wait... and wait... and check my e-mail. Ha- we shall see, and I shall keep ya'll updated on that.

And onto the next order of business... (I hope no one minds my reckless stream of consiousness writing on this blog. It seems writing at the wee hours of morning is becoming a theme for me, but hey, at least it is getting done. )

Choir. So, on Thursday we had our first performance; "Youth In Harmony", they called it. And before I get any further, let me just say that if I NEVER have to listen to/ sing Barbershop music again, well, IT WILL BE TOO SOON.

Why? Well, basically because all we did Thursday was sing 3 songs (yep, JUST three) from 10 AM to 8 PM. Okay, so we had lunch break and dinner break, but seriously?! 8 hours of bases, tenors, baritones, and leads is just too much for me- especially when you're standing on the top row of 9 rows of risers, your knees keep locking, it's hot, and for some odd reason.... you... keep... swaying... backwards... and almost fall off the backside of them a few times. Oh gosh. What an adventure THAT was.

Now, I don't want to sound ALL "complainy", so I will make a conssion and say that we did get some sweet free t-shirts, and I am a sucker for a free t-shirt.

And lastly, if any of you have forgotten what I look like, here is a picture of me....

Wait, what is that you say? Something looks a bit different? You can't put your finger on it though, huh? Well, let me just say it's big and gleaming... and now STRAIGHT! Yep, I'm finally on my last tray of invisalign! Yay! Straight teeth are only about 2 weeks away...

And free bird-ness is only 73 days away.
Yep, June 1st is approaching nice and FAST! (or at least I am pretending it is)

No comments: