Thursday, June 19, 2008

Call me Confucius

Take what man makes and use it,
but do not worship it,
for it shall pass.

Today I was volunteering in the hospital gift shop, and because I was EXTREMELY bored, I picked up TIME magazine to get my daily dose of politics. After reading about Barack, soldiers using Prozac while in the service, and such, I came across this quote. I guess interpret it as you will, but all I know is that it made me do some thinking; thinking about the world in which we live, thinking about the important things in life. Thinking about how much of our world is just a big fad. Even though we KNOW items and ideals will be gone soon, we still choose to live and become absorbed in them. I don't know, it was just a "stop and smell the roses... then take out your microscope and dissect the petals for all they're worth" moment in the day of Alyssa.

2 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

My you are a deep thinker! I think it's such a cool thing for a young woman to think for herself and especially about such relevant things in the world today! Love you, Mom

Tracy said...

Alyssa - I was going to say the same thing - how great for you to have feelings and be able to express them on such a deep topic - I admire you!