Tuesday, March 23, 2010

there are a gazillion other things I should be doing right now.

but a recap of the weekend I promised sounded a heckuva lot better. Here we go!

FRIDAY
Beau, his fiancee, Leslie, and I made the trek to IF, and with the superb navigation skills of my cousin, we got there in hardly any time! That night, Shane treated us to Chili's, where I am pretty sure I ate my body weight in chips and salsa... then topped it off with a black bean burger. MMMM if there is one thing I love, it is when restaurants have some good vegetarian cuisine.

SATURDAY
I woke up to a handful of birthday texts from my people, Dad and I did my taxes (school/money follow me wherever I wander) and then we went to Smitty's for some good ol fashioned breakfast. That joint holds a special place in my heart, I will tell you that much! Mmm there is no cake that holds a candle to strawberry crepes. I am in love.
After eating and doing errands, Dad and I had a little birthday celebration with my Boise family on speakerphone as I read their great notes, opened gifts, and then went on a mad hunt for some birthday footwear via the internet. (and played "follow the signal" around Julie's house trying to find wireless was a treat, too!)
After Dad left, we headed up to my aunt's house for a babyshower, then trekked back out to the mall to search out clothing for Lex. It's great when two anti-shoppers get together and try to make an effort!
Later on, the birthday continued as Kansas State took BYU in the tourney, and Lex made me birthday nobakes. She is so good at them!
We finished off the night in the company of our preemie friends, watched Mulan, and I got feeling really sick. It was a rotten way to end a good day.

SUNDAY
the day we thought would never really come. The day Lex and I used to go, "can you believe Rob will leave on his mission in 3 (years) 2(months) and then now, 1(week)?" It is crazy how time goes and comes and changes. Anyways, his speaking skills were superb, the food at his house was fantastic, and our friends were as immature as always. But we still love them for it.
The rest of the day was spend in a vari
ety of ways... like extreme photoshoots, playing dress-up in Rob's clothes, and then attempting to put together a 750 piece puzzle.
I swear I saw visions of lighthouses and seascapes for the next three hours.
And then as 6 PM drew near, it was time to leave the land I like, and go back to Provome. (that sounds like an infectious disease/STD)
And now I have too much to do, too much stress, too much homework, too much work, not enough sleep, not enough money, and not enough hours in the day.
But I've got memories, and frankly, that is all I really care about.

No comments: