Wednesday, July 8, 2009

During The School Year

I have a lot of excuses. However, when summer rolls around those nagging details seems to kind of fade away for me- I mean, you know it's summer when your to-do list for the day consists of
1. Going to the bank
2. Going to the pool
3. Doing laundry
So, if you're like me, follow the wisdom I've been trying to use myself so far this summer.
WW20- Read
I commonly lose sight of how much I like books. Maybe I suffer from acute ADD or maybe I am just lazy, but I will be the first to admit that I don't read enough books. This summer I've been trying to get back into the swing of reading, and my love has been rekindled. The latest book I've got under my belt is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. It was good- I recommend it, and now I am moving on to... something. I am not sure what, but when I find something excellent, I'll let ya'll know. Until then I back up Arthur and all of Elwood City when they quite proudly sang that, "having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card". How true that is. 
.. and after I wrote this I had the urge to find that Arthur Musical Episode... so I youtubed it, relived my childhood, sang every word, and then I thought you might like reveling in it's glory, too. :)

3 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

You GOTTA love Arthur and Francine and the Brain and Buster and... is that it? Are there more characters? Oh, yeah, DJ (is that her name?).

Sweet memories!

Diana said...

It's D.W. :] Hahah

Holly said...

"The Poisonwood Bible" is also one of my favorites! I think you would really like "The Alchemist." I love reading your blog!