Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wisdom Wednesday

So again, Wednesday has come around. Man, these weeks are flyin'!
WW24- Three Hour Naps.
This job I just got has some crazy hours that I have subjected myself to. You see, I can sign up for my own shift, and for some strange reason, when the new schedule comes out, my hand and pen always gravitate to the 6-10 AM shifts rather than, say, a 4-8 PM. Don't ask me why, I don't really do anything the rest of the day, and when 5 AM rolls around on those morning I have to work early, I curse that part of me that thought it might be a good idea to go to work before the sun rises! However, it feels great to be finished before many people are even awake!
I still have one issue, though. I don't really like going to bed at night. I am definitely a night person. This has been really bad the last few nights, when instead of retiring at 9:30 or 10 like I know I should, I stay up til 11 or 11:30, and then work in a zombie-like trance the next morning. Yesterday the wrapper on my Dove Chocolate said, "Kick a Bad Habit for Today". (ironic, don't you think, having that on a chocolate wrapper? I laughed) However, that habit definitely didn't get kicked yesterday. Why? Well, it has something to do with the fact that when I come home from work, I like taking 2-3 hour naps, and that makes it impossible to go to bed at night. Haha but I don't care! I love my naps. Having full length dreams in the middle of the day, what could be better?!
So, that is all for now. Go now and try a nap for yourself. You will not regret it.
T minus 7 days until college! Eek

No comments: