Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wisdom Wednesday

ATTN: DYING! Need.... news... source....!
The Daily Universe is just about the least reputable newspaper to have ever graced the state of Utah. However, for lack of something better to read, I usually pick up a copy on my way out of Biology. I thoroughly enjoy reading the "Police Beat" which is featured on Wednesdays. My favorite story today? Here is just a little taste of Happy Valley
Nov 5- A man in his 60s and a woman in her 20s showed up at the Morris Center. They went to the back of the cafeteria where th
e woman posed provocatively while the man took her picture. An employee asked who they were and the man said he was a BYU alumnus. They were gone before the police arrived.
Oh boy.
Nov 6- A car was moved out of its original stall at Helaman Halls and was parked perpendicular to the parking spot. Police arrived and concluded that a large group of people picked up the car and moved it.
We have a high rate of crime here in Provo.
However, before I could get to the Police Beat, I had to get past one large obstacle-
David Archuleta's face plastered on the front page of the DU. Sure, I know the kid is from Utah and most of the girls who attend this University would give up a couple Friday dates to Comedy Sportz to get to one of his concerts, but really? Is there NOTHING in the world that could compete with this "news" story?
It was a good bit of comic relief to my morning.
WW36- To myself- find a real newspaper.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

go to the clark building and you can get a new york times! a reliable news source.

Diana Cook said...

Hahaha I wish you could read OUR "Police Beat" there are five stories published every single day in The Daily Wildcat and they are so funny. Not sure if they can top the provocative picture taking woman though...ha