Friday, November 13, 2009

Minced Garlic

for the first time today.
This week has been so busy that I've barely had time to make peanut butter and jelly, much less some kind of real food. However, since today was Friday, my tests are done, and I've just got one more paper looming in the distance, I decided to take a little intermission and hone in on my culinary skills at lunch.
In lieu of the snow on the mountains, I decided on soup.
(And that fact that my one cupboard is lacking any other ingredients as of today..)
I googled "potato soup" when smittenkitchen let me down, and found a good little recipe for some warm goodness. 1 garlic clove, half an onion, 3 potatoes, 2 cups of vegetable broth, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste later, I had a concoction in front of me the consistency and appearance of baby food.
Oh, but it was SO good. Just what I needed to end a week of insanity.
and now I am off to the gym, where I can shed the calories consumed from a few too many brownies had over the last few days. My roommate, Rachel, makes them just too well, and I swear, they are going to be my demise.

As for this weekend's agenda....
- BYU vs. Bradley Basketball opener
- Hare Krishna service project
- American Heritage paper... agency and the constitution. any suggestions?
- MOM AND DAD COME to visit and buy me groceries.
- The viola is going to be resurrected.

chau

1 comment:

Holly said...

I was also at the BYU Basketball game and it made me think of you...I wondered if I'd run into you. I'd forgotten how much fun college is and also how young everyone looked! I'm assuming I looked "old" to them. Good luck with the paper.