Monday, May 17, 2010

Day Twenty

You don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone.

Last night in mid skype session with Jill, the internet pooped out on me, and we haven’t been able to get on since. I am currently writing this in word, and will post it tomorrow during class…. Well, actually just kidding! Fernando just fixed it! Whoa…. I was expecting a tragedy right there… life can continue.

Today moved at rapid fire speed. Seriously, it is 10 PM here, and it feels like my alarm was just going off at 8 AM this morning. Slow down, Spain!

Today was an Alcalá day. We had class in the morning.... super painful, by the way. While I think learning about mosque architecture is pretty interesting, the way our teacher talks about it about kills me. After class, Jav and I went exploring in the wilderness of Alcalá! Okay, maybe not exactly wilderness, but a wildlife area. The first week I got here I saw these crazy hills in the distance, and really wanted to go explore them. I didn't think it would be possible until I found someone in my group who wanted to go exploring too! Today, Jav and I were exploring buddies. To get to our wilderness spot we walked through a neighborhood, and then came to this random door in the wall, opened it, and bam. There you were- no more buildings, houses, or billboards, just open field, el Rio Hernares, and lots and lots of wildflowers. It was like walking into our very own secret garden. I loved it!

Much to our dismay, we couldn't get to the hills because there was a whole lotta river and a whole lack of bridge. We've come to the conclusion that the only way we are gonna get to those hills is to swim/walk across the dam sometime. Stay tuned. It's happening.

Oh, we saw a momma goose with it's little babies too. It's huge. Each of those little babies is the size or bigger of a regular duck. You just can't tell.
For lunch today we had rice with green olives and other... things? I seriously don't even know what was in the rice, but they dished me up roughly 3 cups of the stuff, and I ate. I'd just woken up and was feeling a little groggy. Oh, the food here. Not gonna lie, I just want some rice and beans. And a real pizza.

After lunch it was laundry time... speaking of which, I should probably go get my stuff off the clothesline... and then I did some homework. For FHE tonight we "learned" flamenco, if that's what you could call it. Basically in a nutshell, we all sucked at dancing, and our instructor told us the moves we were butchering were as basic as she could make them. Haha oh well, the ice cream at the end made all the stomping and wrist twisting worth it! I got some delicious Dulce de Leche. Seriously, it's the best kind.

Tonight was spent at McDonald's, stealing their wireless internet with some friends. We got some homework done, talked, and before we knew it, it was 9:30. We came home, and that's about where we are now.... for dinner I requested Pili make us her version of "stir fry" and it was the BEST THING EVER. Seriously, I love vegetables. ... or maybe I just like it when they're bathing in butter and olive oil. Yum

Bedtime. Hasta ahora

2 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

Glad you had fun exploring. Did it rate up there with climbing up to Table Rock with Diana and David during Christmas break? Were there any dogs following you? haha Seriously looks gorgeous there! Those goslings are way bigger than the 5 little chicks we just got on Saturday. Ahem, Yep, your father is now a chicken farmer, but don't worry, we won't make you eat any of them! (Just their eggs!)

Keep those posts coming! (Oh, and take some pictures of the food Pili makes - that is, if it isn't too rude. You can just tell her your mom needs some ideas at home in Idaho...)

Love you!

Me said...

Haha oh Mrs. Ball, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that one. Spain Schmain, nothing beats the not quite table rock adventure. And first the kittens, now chicks! I'm sure Alyssa is ecstatic about the new family members haha.

And Oooooo Jav eh? haha just kidding. But yay! I can't wait to see your Oregon Trail reanctment across that river!!