Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day Thirty Five

Today put the "study" in study abroad.
My Civilizations test looms tomorrow. Today went class, come home and put off studying, eat lunch, go to El Prado for a museum lecture on Velazquez, study on the train both ways, and then come home and sit on the patio and study some more.... along with blogging, facebook, music, and the like, of course.
Bleh. I'll be glad when this is over and I can stop worrying about the Visigoths, Muslim architecture, and El Renacimiento.
On the bright side, my Real Madrid jersey should FINALLY be here tomorrow, because I got a notice in the mail today, saying I've got a package at the post office. I was pretty stoked, however, when I went there the lady said something really fast in Spanish I didn't catch, pointed to some chicken scratch on the paper I didn't understand, and said something about "mañana". So, I'll go back tomorrow and hope things work to my benefit- being here makes me realize how cheap and efficient the US mail services are... here going to the post office is like the DMV. You take a number, wait too long, and then usually get answers you didn't anticipate hearing. Oh, government offices.
Anyways, that's it. Oh, if you didn't see my bullfighting vid, I put it down in yesterday's post. (View discretion... for the squeamish) Yes, that is one of the many things I did today instead of studying about Roman architecture.
Hasta mañana

2 comments:

DDDDDD said...

Alas skyping with Diana has to be put on the back burner. Ha.
Oh and i noticed that the title of your blog has changed....very niceee ha
P.S. I just devoured an entire pint of tcby while reading your blog and the like without even realizing it. Dang.

Anonymous said...

The bull fight is brutal. Do the spaniards continue it because of the tourist attraction or do the natives actually like to go see a bull get killed on a regular basis. Looks to me like if you've seen one bull fight maybe you've seen them all. Just a thought. Dad