Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day

to this guy
there is something about old pictures. (and floral overalls.) this picture was probably taken after my dad cracked me up with some joke about "ever being in a turkish prison" or telling me to "stop hittin yurself". what a crack up. fond childhood memories, right there.
 my dad is pretty great. he's wise and funny, thoughtful, and has a knack for somehow always being right. he is sincere, and ready and willing to dish out some wisdom whenever i come asking. he loves my mom and us kids and i've never questioned it for a minute. i'm quite indebted to him (literally and figuratively) for all he's done for me. i'm lucky to call him dad.
i love you, dad! happy father's day to you!

3 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

Oh, I remember that trip to Washington-just us three in the little blue Nissan. What a cute picture you picked for dear, old dad! Love it.

The Ball Babies said...

That is such a great picture. You were and still are such a wonderful daughter. It was easier back then to make you laugh though. Thanks for posting your fathers day tribute. Means a lot to me. love Dad

Aly G said...

Oh this post made me smile!! Love good ol Billy Ball! He is such a great guy! Loving your floral overalls as well! You really do have such a fantastic dad!! xoxo