Friday, June 19, 2009

Fruit Fear Factor.

If you ever read this post you know about a flaw I possess... food fears. Last week Kurt and Diana decided it would be a good idea to break me of some of these fears before I go off to school soon, and potentially have to break out of my apples, bananas, grapes, and strawberries groove. Shudder. They took me to the fruit stand and compiled a basket of fruits I'd never really eaten. 
Needless to say, I was not that interested and just wanted to take a nap in the sun... 
And quite frankly, I didn't care to try ANY of these devil fruits. 
And all Diana wanted to do was take a trillion pictures. 
The first fruit was a cherry. I think I've had one before. I think my face and nose plugging shows how I felt about the first fruit. It was NOT good. 
The next one was a plum. I inspected it for a couple minutes, took one bite, and gave it to Diana and Kurt. Ewww I bet I wouldn't like prunes, either. 
Diana decided to get all creative and artistic with my camera, so this shot really emphasizes the bite I took out of the plum. Aren't you proud of me? I didn't even spit it out. 
Here's Diana and Kurt, inspecting the bite I'd taken. Really they were just glad I didn't like the fruit, because then they just ate it. Diana tried to convince us to wash all the fruit off in the drinking fountain at Ivywild Park. We quickly struck down the idea. I'd rather eat dirt on my fruit that get an infectious disease, thank you very much. 
The next fruits were an apricot, a nectarine, and a peach. Again, Diana had to get some art in before she'd let me work up the courage to "chomp" it, as Kurt kept saying to me. 
And once I did "chomp" it, I couldn't chew it. The distraught look on my face was caused by the extremely fuzziness. I felt like I was chewing on a caterpillar! I did finally get it down though... not bad. Peaches took the top spot on the list.
The red plum was disgusting. That is all that needs to be said.
And Diana just couldn't get enough of the "Twilight-esque" imagery as I inspected my fruit for strange blemishes. 
Next I tried the pear. I think they might show up in a nightmare along the lines because that bite was traumatizing. Here I am, spitting out the disgusting rubbish. I very much hated it. Couldn't and wouldn't chew it.
As the next picture depicts, not even Kurt or Diana enjoyed the pear.
The final fruit was a mango. By this point I was a little more than tired of "chomping" foreign foods, and this picture just shows how fed up I was with the way Diana felt it necessary to document every. single. moment. 
The mango turned out to be good. I will admit it. 
So, as you saw through this photo montage of a summer afternoon, I am stepping OUT and facing my food fears. Who knows what I will try next?!

1 comment:

Rachael Diane said...

I am so proud of you! Ha I love that strawberries are now part of your "groove." Because let's be honest, you wouldn't even eat those up until a year ago. I'm excited to see what fruit gets inducted in next.