Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wisdom Wednesday

So, I learned that in order to find a job there is one little secret.
WW22- It's not what you know, it's who you know. 
I'd never really been a believer in this little verse until today at about 8:04 AM when a job landed with a THUD right into my lap. Yes, you may now call me Custodian Alyssa. Hold the applause, please. 
So the whole long winded story goes like this: As you know, I moved in with good ol' savior Grandma last week to find a job and "adjust" to Utah before school starts in a month. Basically since I've been here I have been calling  jobs.byu.com home, sending out a plethora of emails, and taking all kinds of weird screening tests. To no avail, mind you. The whole time this was going down my grandma kept telling me to call this guy she knew who is over the Marriott Center on campus- basically the Taco Bell Arena of BYU. She had talked to him, and he sounded like he could score me a job. However, the two times I'd called he just didn't feel like answering. This was definitely not going to do for Grandma. She called him up again, and the next thing I knew, I was instructed to go down to Portal W of the MC and talk to him about getting a job. When my alarm went off at 7:30 AM I jumped up and was out the door only moments later. And only moments later I was sitting in an office being handed a job. No resume, no application, no interview. I think all jobs should be this easy.
Thanks, Grandma 

2 comments:

Lindsay Lou said...

I'm glad you got a job. Mom told me that you'll work like 40 hours a week. Thats good huh.
luv Lindsay

The Ball Babies said...

No kidding, THANK YOU GRANDMA! She basically handed this job to you on a silver platter!!! I hope it all works out for you and that you like it! At least you don't have to get up at 4 in the morning and go clean!