Sunday, March 28, 2010

Festival of Colors

since BYU doesn't have a spring break, this weekend was a little bit of a compensation, and what a grand one it was.
The weekend started off right with a birthday celebration for yours truly.
Cinnamon rolls + peanut butter cup ice cream is a holy combination, and it is a known fact that no matter how good your mom's cinnamon rolls are, there is NOTHING like Rhode's. Jordan, Kels, and Sam got me the best apron around, and Anita graced me with a turbie towel.
On Saturday it was the Holi Festival at the Spanish Fork Hare Krishna Temple. That thing was so crazy! What is this gathering? Well to put it in understandable terms, you buy chalk, and at the same time everyone throws it all over each other. Here is a little montage of the insanity, because you can't really put into words how it feels to only be able to see, breathe, and taste purple smoke for about 2 minutes straight. It was like the Apocalypse.
needless to say, my scalp is still purple.
The weekend continued, and continues, with much homework, and tonight the family arrives for a WEEK! I can't wait. Too bad I have classes so I can't hang out with them more :/

No comments: