It's a great tradition we implemented as of the week school started, and it is here to stay. We cook vegetarian food, have good talks about Spanish speaking countries, and laugh about something stupid I do in the kitchen that usually results in a good crisis on a weekly basis.
Anyways, so far the recipes we've made have been so. good. Therefore, I am giving birth to my brainchild, and so while I am sure everyone is sad to see Wisdom Wednesday go, well, now you may commence salivation over this week's dish.
Chickpea and Zucchini Pasta
- from Real Simple magazine::you shall need::
- however much pasta you plan on eating
- zucchini cut up into half moon pieces
- one can chickpeas, rinsed
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 t garlic cloves
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
1. boil your pasta, reserve about 1/4 c of the pasta water when finished cooking
2. heat pan with oil, add zucchini and saute until soft, about 5ish minutes
3. add chickpeas, red pepper flakes (add less if you like a little less fire), salt, and onion. Stir around for a good 3-4 minutes.
4. drain pasta, add a little pasta water, and 1/4 c of parmesan. Stir it all around, add your bean mixture, and then add the rest of your cheese.
5. Divide, serve, eat, and love the fact that this meal cost next to nothing.
And that is life. hasta luego.