Sunday, November 28, 2010

a bowl of tomato soup

and I can breathe again.
 Dear future: I am never driving home for Thanksgiving AGAIN. That short 5 1/2 hour road trip took us 9 1/5 hours to complete. Because of road closures, accidents, and pure white outs, my dad, who so graciously drove me and my friends back to Utah only to miss his flight home, is currently at the SLC airport waiting around for 7 AM to come around so he can go home, too. After dropping him off at the airport and continuing on alone, the interstate was an ice rink covered in about 6 inches of fresh snow. I was basically going 10 mph blazing my own trail, hazards blinking, as people whizzed right by me. If you think some Utahns are subpar drivers in ideal conditions, well, just add snow and they become even worse. Winter, I kind of hate you.
With that little gripe, onto something more important. Deep breath.
Day 26- my Dad. He  really is a great guy, and when I thought I was going to have to come back to Provo a couple days early due to the abundance of snow that was supposed to dump on Provo, he stepped up and said he'd get me there safely then fly home. If you read the above "woe is me" soapbox moment, you will note that he is currently sitting in the airport. What a selfless guy. Love you, Dad.
Day 27- BSU football. So, we lost. And it was probably the worst moment of a lot of Boiseans' lives. Heck though- I'm still a fan, and I'm so thankful for our team that wins most of the time, brings a city together, and gives my mom an excuse to make her caramel corn. Go go go big blue! Fight fight BSU!
Day 28- snow plows. I think you know why. They might be slow, but they can save lives.

okay that is all for now. Happy to be in Provo in one piece... that is truly something to be thankful for.

2 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

You and I think alike, daughter. I just finished a post about your father! Too funny! I'm so glad you made it back to happy valley in one piece. Now, get on the computer and figure out when you can get your flight for Christmas. Let me know as soon as possible! Love you!

Diana Cook said...

Awww how sweet of your father.
Haha I just caught up on your last 4 blogs...it was like Christmas for me/procrastinating on the hw.
Hopefully that snow will stick around til Christmas break!! :]]