Thursday, November 18, 2010

Anita & Alyssa Cook

despite a lack of time for other things, there is always time to cook.
Yesterday we made gnocchi. Sounds pretty plush, right? Haha well, I'm sure it could be if you were sitting in an Italian Bistro right in the middle of Tuscany or something, but  not so much in Provo, Utah in the midst of my sub par kitchen. However, we made do. I'd never eaten gnocchi before, but evidentially Anita had because turns out that's not only a food she likes, but the name of her dog, too. Imagine that!
Here's a picture of the process
And the recipe
Meh, it was alright. An interesting concept, but coulda used more salt I think. Oh well, ya win some, ya lose some! (stay tuned for many wins... Thanksgiving= 7 days away and I shall be cooking up a storm in my own kitchen in Boise. I think I hear the angels singing!)

No comments: