Friday, July 1, 2011

because sometimes i can't help myself

my thoughts exactly after working 10.5 hours today.
i must say... i am getting really good at "execu-gliding" around my workspace. translation: maneuvering myself to the shredder, copier, computer without even leaving my seat for one minute. too bad this isn't an olympic sport. in a book i read (translation: listened to on tape) called outliers, the author says you only have to do something for 10,000 hours before you become exceptionally good. all i know is that if i keep picking up shifts like i did this week, i suggest putting your money on  me in some obscure office olympics down the road.
 it's friday tomorrow!! (double fist pump)

sidenote: can someone explain to me why the people of provo has been lighting fireworks off without fail every night this week? did i miss the memo about the 4th of july becoming the new festival of lights or something? i'm sure it has something to do with the fact that aerial fireworks are now legal in utah. general public under 15- 1, firefighters/mother nature-0.  patience, people!

No comments: